Welcome to IELC
Welcome to IELC, the primary language school for learning English in Solo. If you want to become fluent in English, you are in the right place.
IELC was established in July 2006 to meet the growing need for EFL tuition in Solo. Solo is often regarded as the cultural capital of Java and this blend of ancient cultural traditions and modernization makes Solo a fascinating place to live and study in. Solo’s people are also becoming increasingly aware of the need to meet international standards of education as Indonesia prepares to face the globalization era.
IELC was established to assist in providing quality language tuition to meet the global and developmental needs of the region. Working in collaboration with local schools and government institutions, IELC has secured its place in the EFL market in Solo. IELC ranks as the leading language school for training students to take the IELTS and TOEFL tests in preparation for study abroad or international programs held at Indonesian universities. In November 2008, IELC was appointed by IDP Australia to be an offsite IELTS test centre.
Working together with foreign universities and international education consultants, IELC has also developed a reputation for consulting students on studying abroad and preparing students to meet the academic and cultural challenges of studying in a foreign country.
IELC employs both experienced native-speaker teachers and qualified non native-speaker teachers, providing interactive courses that cover all the major language components, employing a communicative based method with a strong focus on grammar proficiency.
We offer the following courses:
- English for Young Learners (7-12 years) – build the foundation you need to master English.
- General English – learn the skills you need to communicate fluently in English.
- Conversational English – learn how to speak with confidence, competence and fluency.
- Business English – give your business an advantage – learn how to conduct your business in English with confidence and competence.
- Grammar Proficiency – master the grammar skills you need to communicate in English fluently.
- Writing English – learn how to write essays, reports and compositions in English.
- University Preparation – learn the skills you need to take an international program.